Here we'll focus on life in the Ottawa Valley - and we'll do it with a sense of humour.
Valley folk are proud of where they call home. They work hard, play hard, love their weekends and their toys.
AND they love to laugh. Even at themselves.
Enjoy this little slice of Valley life. through the eyes of a true Valley boy.

Saturday, April 24, 2010

Know what really BUGS me?

Today was yard work day at my place.
Leaves needed to be raked. Branches needed to be trimmed. Grass needed to be whipper-snipped. And the scary part is - I was actually in to it.
I wanted to clean up the yard.
It's like this every spring. I'm excited to clean up the crap (literally crap when you have three beagles) that was buried by the snow. But by early summer, that enthusiasm begins to disappear and by late-August, my yard begins to look like a hayfield. But it's April and I'm still excited about yard work.
Or at least I was.
Until early this evening.
The reason?
Blackfly season officially arrived in the Valley at 7:22 p.m.
And I have the bite marks to prove it.
The little bastards.
Here is a photo of me dealing with my blackfly problem around 7:23 p.m.
Ahhhhh, life in the Valley.

No comments:

Post a Comment