Here we'll focus on life in the Ottawa Valley - and we'll do it with a sense of humour.
Valley folk are proud of where they call home. They work hard, play hard, love their weekends and their toys.
AND they love to laugh. Even at themselves.
Enjoy this little slice of Valley life. through the eyes of a true Valley boy.

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Blast from the past: Birling down, a-down white water


Have you ever heard a song that triggers a flood of memories.

No, I'm not talking about thinking back to making out on the dance floor to REO Speedwagon's "Keep on Lovin' You."

Great, now I can't get that tune out of my head.

But here's a little blast from the past that will drill that sappy 80s love song out of my mind. And I'll be whistling this tune all night.

Let me cue it up for you:

You're sitting in front of your TV, no clicker in hand. Yes, there were days when I had to waddle over to the actual set to turn the channel. But there were only four channels to choose from. Five on a cold winter's night.

Ahhh, country cable.

But CBC could be counted on to toss some Canadian culture at you. And if you didn't feel like turning the channel to a fuzzy CTV or a snowy Global (and TVOntario was only worth watching on Saturday evenings for Bleu Nuit) then you watched what was on Channel 4.

Those little two-minute vignettes were oozing Canadiana.

And none were better than this little ditty. Canadian history with a Valley flavour.

Check out this link and tell me you weren't singing along.




No comments:

Post a Comment